3 thoughts on life, business, the universe and everything.
August 13, 2010//Last Updated January 6, 2013
- Life, business, the universe and everything. Guess, what? You can’t really control any of it. Sure you can influence things, but at the end of the day, most situations are beyond your control. You put your head down and you do what you think is right, and things just are what they are. Or as Bill Belichick likes to say, “It is, what it is“. It’s a tough lesson to learn because most of us can’t accept that truth. The truth, that we can’t control everything in our lives. We aren’t all powerful, but we try still. Most of us spend our life kicking and screaming and fighting to will situations out of our control, to go a certain way. The way WE want. It just seems like the harder you pull in one direction, the harder it pulls back. Sorta like Newton’s 3rd law (For every action there’s an equal and opposite reaction).
- We’ve had a strange week at 3thought this week as you can tell by our 3 thoughts here. Full of up’s and downs (we miss you already Lucas). We’ve tried our best to will situations (out of our control) to go a certain way, and it seems like the harder we try, the worse things get. At the very end of the day, we know the job we did was to the best of our abilities. Accepting the fact that you can’t control everything is the tough part, and often leaves you pondering these questions.
- Did we give it our best? Yes
- Did we do everything we could have to make things right? Yes
- Can we control every situation? No
- Can we control how we react? Yes
Maybe you’ve felt this way, maybe you haven’t… it is what it is.
- 42. (that’s all)
See you next week. -m&s